These are by far the most chocolate-y, moist, melt-in-your-mouth morsels of brownie heaven I’ve ever tasted.
They happen to be gluten free and butter free because they are made with avocado and black beans. But honestly my friends, their unique content should be a secondary consideration compared to their amazing taste. Don’t let the burrito-like ingredients put you off; the avocados and black beans give a texture and flavor that elevates the modest brownie to a whole new level.
2 ripe medium avocados
1 can low sodium black beans
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Puree 1 can black beans in food processor or blender
3. Mash avocados in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir into avocado mixture. Mix well.
4. Cream in sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Add black bean puree until well incorporated.
5. Mix in remainder 1/4 cup chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Bake in a square baking dish for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Take a batch to your next party and challenge the guests to guess the ingredients. I brought some to work today, and turned more than one skeptic into a fan.